Friday, January 18, 2008

Disturbing Case in the UK – Mom w/Asperger’s Has Baby Taken Away

Typically, I want this blog to be a positive place, but I recently heard about a case in the UK from this summer that deserves attention. I will admit that, after just reading the newspaper article, I don’t have all the facts of the case, but it certainly appears to be unfair and discriminatory. I have not been able to find an update on the case, but I certainly hope that this mother was able to get her child back!

Here is some of what the newspaper had to say:

*The 21-year-old mother’s baby was taken away immediately after birth,

*Two weeks before the baby was born, a county council added the unborn child to their ‘at risk’ register due to the fact that, because the mother has Asperger’s Syndrome, she would be at risk for developing post-natal depression and neglecting her baby.

*The baby was placed in foster care, even though the mother’s parents and family members had offered to care for the child during the “investigation.”

Here is the link if you would like to read the article: http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/showthread.php?tid=9650

Fortunately, I have not heard of other such extreme cases. I sincerely hope that there is more to this story than has been released, and this is not a simple case of discrimination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!